Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Summer Shimmer

Ah, the most wonderful time of the year has finally arrived. 

It's not quite warm enough to wear shorts and a tank top all day, but balancing one or the other with a winter garment (like pants or long sleeve shirt) and you're golden.  

Much like the collar of my shirt. This sheer button up has a gold sequined collar that easily adds pizazz to any outfit and can be worn in a variety of way and a variety of occasions. 

I got this a couple summers ago and love it. What girl doesn't love a little sparkle and this time of year is one of the best times to wear it..... but then again when isn't a good time to wear sparkles??

I prefer to wear this top buttoned all the way up so it draws the attention to the collar. My hair is also always up when I wear any shirt with a sequined collar because not only does my hair get caught in the sequins, but it covers up the detail. What's the point of having it if you're hiding it?! 

Since it's Spring, I paired the tan top with colored jeans to liven it up. 

I've had these jeans for a couple years now and either they're finally starting to stretch, my working out is paying off, or both, because they are a little loose around the hips and in the legs. Nothing major, but I could do without all the bunching that brings. 

We've seen slight tucking of shirts for a couple seasons and now that's evolving being taken a step further. Rather than tucking the front bit of a shirt, we're now tucking in the front under panel of button up shirts. 

You can be do this with any button up, no matter how casual or fancy. 

I'm a fan of this styling trick, too. Leaving the shirt untucked or tucking it all in would drastically change the overall look. Tucking half keeps it casual and fashionable. 

To created a nice transition, I slapped on a skinny brown belt to tie everything together even more (and to hold up my pants!)


Another transition I made was cuffing the bottom of the pants giving a splash of skin before diving into some (fabulous) wedges that are a bit taller than regular — hitting just above my ankle.

I also switched up my look a little and used my curling wand and grated a nice wavy ponytail that I will be recreating (both in ponytail and down) this season!

What's your favorite Spring look?

Top: Cheeky Peach
Pants: Charlotte Russe
Belt: Target 
(it came attached to a dress)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves